NYFC Ghana 2006 Mission

17 people from Northumberland YFC, aged 8 to 40-something, ready to serve the people of Ghana, alongside YFC/West Africa! The in country portion of the mission will take place from July 3rd, 2006 through August 7th, 2006

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

From the Classroom -Jason

Hey folks,

Its has been very interesting and challenging setting up a computer lab in a developing
country. There is no futureshop or canadian tire just around the bend to run out to when you
forget something. You have to plan days advance to ensure you can get to town to find what
you are looking for. I spent a day trying to explain that we needed power bars to owners of
computer stores..... finally I found one to point to and I was told they called this a station
board. Interesting...... they didn't have one in stock but they sent out a runner to find one
and in about 20min he returned with just what I wanted. Customer service!!!.... we could
learn a few things from the people of Ghana. We currently are working with a mobile phone
type internet connection that is much like dialup. Again we have to plan our blogspot posts... I
think that God is teaching us patience, although I didn't ask for it;> I am learning
-Jason

2 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine what it must be like to deliver technology in a developing country. It sure sounds like a challenging project and I can't wait to hear more and maybe see some photos!

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm don't you have kids - didn't they come with pre-packaged patience??
Glad things are starting to come together Jas - do you think you will have enough time to get everything done? What happens if you don't? Will it have to wait until the next team arrives??
Love me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home