…from Josh
Hey all, this is Josh saying Hi from the beautiful village of Kokrobitey… I Think that is how you spell it. I am just stepping out from a local game of cards and a lesson on how to speak some of one of their languages, Gah, I believe. It has been very busy so I haven’t had a chance to post lately. All is very good here and I am very lucky to be one of the few on the team who has had virtually no trouble getting used to the climate, food and culture. Unfortunately, some of the team members still have “bland branded” stomachs and cannot adjust so easily to the food. I miss you all (you know who you are)…. SARAH!!! Mom, Dad, Bry, Frazer, Jenn, Yaz, Farhad, Grandma, Grandpa, Mike – Connie and Family, Whiteoak, and everyone else. I am having a great time and learning lots. I miss you all and cannot wait to see you all, although it will be hard to leave this great experience. I have a feeling it will not be my last like this after the experiences I have endured. Sarah – I Miss You So Much! Did you and my mom get the e-mail I sent out to you two? How are you? What have you been doing to keep busy? Who have you hung out with? I know most of your friends were busy so I hope you have been ok. Haven’t found another guy have you…? LOL Jks… I really miss not talking to you and everyone else reading this, I Love You Sarah. Love you too Mom and Dad, and Bryan, and friends, and other family, and basically I love you all. So have a good rest of July, this Wednesday is our halfway point. It is all going by very fast. We had a drumming lesson down in Kokrobitey and I am going to the cultural market tomorrow so I will look at the drums for sale. I have already gotten a few things a dress for Mom and Sarah have already been purchased!!!! Well… people are waiting for the computer. You are all in my prayers and above me as I sleep. I have a bottom bunk so the bottom of the top one above me is covered in pictures that watch over me as I lay in bed. For some reason there is a lot of Sarah pictures… LOL LOVE YOU ALL… (GK) - Sarah
Love Josh

6 Comments:
Yo Josh its Bry, Mom said i could leave like a coment thinkgey so i said to her that i would leave u one..so yea...hope ur havin lots of fun and am counting the days down untill u get home, also making bets with people for how long it will take for us to start fighting when u get bak..so yea, talk to you later man.
Bryan
Hey Josh I have a secret for you...I hooked up with your gf!!lol jokes bredjin geeze louweeezzz! i can't believe you don't trust me...actually i've spent my summer umm in school...yeah how bout that!!lol! but at least i'll have an 80 in math now! ohh and my parents totally might let me come to woodlands and umm yeah football is good! so enough about me you're the star of the show "hollywood!" so yeah its good to know you're having fun and yeah doing all that crazy good stuff for other people...I'm gonna come and visit you okay?!?!lol! but seriously umm *crying* i miss you man!!! "never let go josh never let go" wow so like i'm definately wasting time but i mean thats me...yo just umm don't have any pictures of me above u'r bed! and umm lol pictures of sarah above your bed...nice one...lol...nvm! uhh geeze i forget that you're not the only one reading this! so yeah umm i kinda umm have a significant other now...its jenn!!lol jokes again. about the jenn part!umm anyways keep on rockin in the free world!!! see you when u get back! PRAYER POWER BBOOOIIIEEEEE!!!!
~Frazer
hey josh face i miss you way too much. i hope you are having an amazing time and that you come back with lots of interesting stories and experiences. sorry i haven't been able to post something before but i dont really have much access to the internet as you know. so my summer has been kinda busy so far with the new job and wonderland with Fish. I cant wait for you to come to wonderland with me and sarah. I actually have a million things to say to you but time is short like it always seems to be and i have to go. My mom and carmine also say hi. I love ya lots Josh and i miss you tons.(you better be missing me lol)
Hi Josh. Happy to see your most recent posting and see that you are very much enjoying your experience. Glad to learn that all are beginning to feel better. I am very proud of you and the whole team and the great work that you are doing in Ghana. Just wanted to let you know that Aunt Ruth is in quite ill health with her body ravaged with cancer. Please keep her in your prayers. Uncle Mike and I visited with her, Elsie, and Marilyn yesterday and though her mind is still very sharp her physical health is declining rapidly. I read your most recent posting to her and she was very pleased to hear it and other news on your mission.
Love you very much Josh and miss you tremendously. We had a wonderful trip to Winnipeg and very much enjoyed seeing this great northern land in Canada. Keep up the great work and we will all be most anxious to hear all about it upon your return.
Love Dad
Hi, Josh. . . .don't listen to your mom, she did excellent. She wasn't "joshing" (what a terrible pun) when she said she was emotional, but hey, I'd have been concerned if she'd shown no emotion at all. So, a 'ton' of emotion was quite appropriate on the day. It'll start to sound like an echo soon (if it doesn't already do so) but we all miss you, and look forward to hearing a personal report from you, & to have you teach us a Ghanaian song or two, accompanied by yourself on your new drum(s). Glad to hear everyone is getting healthy & also that good work is being done. Stay well, keep focused, and God's richest blessings be on you and everyone in the bunch.
Doug
Josh & The Team - This is so cool to be able to actually write to you when you are so far away. The internet can be a good thing. Glad to hear that your lost stuff showed up and that people are feeling better. It must just feel wonderful to be doing such great work that I am sure is very much appreciated by the people there. It will also make you appreciate what you have at home. It is great to see what God's love can do. Keep up the good work - we will be looking forward to first hand accounts when you get back, Josh. Love to All.
Judy Neill
White Oak
Post a Comment
<< Home