NYFC Ghana 2006 Mission

17 people from Northumberland YFC, aged 8 to 40-something, ready to serve the people of Ghana, alongside YFC/West Africa! The in country portion of the mission will take place from July 3rd, 2006 through August 7th, 2006

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Notes from Hope

Where to start....Everybody is okay, some feeling better, some a little yucky, Kim wants to know when she will feel like herself again....I havenn't the heart to remind her that after Africa you are never quite the same...We've had a bit of free time to walk into the village. ( Carla and Laura, This is a very different way to experience Africa. I think you would love it). Staying at the work site is great. It's about as nice as our gueat house last time, without the long commute back and forth, so there is more time for journaling and laundry and walking and swimming and....resting from the heat. The temperature has been in the mid to high 20's, but humid, Today seems hotter....Sarah and I walked uphill from the village at noon.....We rested in every scrap of shade we could find. Once you get here the ocean breeze is magnificent, not to mention the view.

Josh says Hi to Mom and Sarah. You would both be increadibly proud of him. I know I am. He and Penny and Jaymie went to a School Club early this morning, then had a true Ghanaian experience, visiting at a home while Daniel did some errands. I think they enjoyed themselves.

I guess that's all for now...Blessings to you all....Hope

PS - Daryl says that more pics will come soon!

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hope!

I am glad that you guys are doing well. Keep up the good work!
I am sure that I would love staying at the worksite...who wouldn't trade the ride in for a little less nausia?!
Things here are hot as well... a humidex of 38 today...ick!

I am happy that the work continues and will continue to pray.

Love Carla

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Video was GREAT! It was nice to see all those people we love and are thinking and praying for. Thanks for the posts Believe me it benefits us at home as much as it does you.
at least that what we think with 2/5 of our family over there, and 3/5 here.
Blessings,
Lawrence, Ben and Christopher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home