NYFC Ghana 2006 Mission

17 people from Northumberland YFC, aged 8 to 40-something, ready to serve the people of Ghana, alongside YFC/West Africa! The in country portion of the mission will take place from July 3rd, 2006 through August 7th, 2006

Thursday, July 27, 2006

A Quickie from the Orchard!!!

A Quickie from the Orchard!!!

Hello family and friends … now that the end is in sight I miss you all a little bit more!  Tomorrow we travel to Kumasi to have a little break from worksite life (I will miss all of the people here who have become like family, the care takers, the kitchen staff, the guards, Joshua the baby and Theodocia the angel).  I am glad we still have another week to prepare ourselves for leaving them and the Ghana YFC staff (I know there will be tears, and not just from Daryl).  Anyway this is going to be a short one I just wanted to let you all know we are doing Great … very buff (for the senior set that doesn’t mean naked, it means we all have smaller bellies and larger muscles).
Much love to you all Oh I almost for got Carla what did you want me to bring home for you? … Write back soon there isn’t much time and if it is chocolate please specify which flavor.
Peace and Ant-Free Granola (sometimes)
Kim

6 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, either my prompting prompted you to write or we truly are of like minds... as I was just saying in Daryl's last message yesterday (Wednesday) that I hadn't heard from you in DAYS. Thank you for satisfying my craving.
Love me =D

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go team - we're prayin' for ya! Remind Diane that she still has to clear it with me before she brings any Ghanaian kids home with her...

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim, have a great trip to Kumasi. Mom and I will be leaving for the Maritmes on Sunday afternoon but we will try to find a computer every couple of days to keep in touch. I will send you an address at home in case you need to get hold of us after you get home. Say hi to Jas and the kids and the rest of the team.
Love Mom and Dad

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm....not too sure what you should bring... if you can't find something, don't worry about it. I can't wait to hear about your adventure, your relationships and the work that you have done.
So now that you are buff will I be able to keep up with you if we go walking? Looking good!!!
I can't believe that your time is almost over or that it is almost Julie's wedding...eek.
Saying goodbye will definitely by difficult. To tell you the truth you never quite get over being back at home. But remember the door is always open for you to return and I would LOVE to tuck myself away into one of your laugage bags.
Love you guys,
Soak it in,
Carla

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger L.Bo Marie said...

as for the granola, I find that leaving it in a really shallow pan in the hot sun does the trick... ants fry and the winged bugs take their leave.... :)

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I have finally figured out how to respond to th blogsite. Jason knows he created a monster in giving his no tech brother a macintosh computer years ago! I have been watching and praying for you and very proud of your yes to Jesus and his people in Ghana! Safe travel to England and home! Charles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home