NYFC Ghana 2006 Mission

17 people from Northumberland YFC, aged 8 to 40-something, ready to serve the people of Ghana, alongside YFC/West Africa! The in country portion of the mission will take place from July 3rd, 2006 through August 7th, 2006

Sunday, July 16, 2006

…from Diane

Hello to everyone in Canada. It is good to hear from everyone. Today was a wonderful day as we went to church twice and ate lunch at Joseph’s house. We had really good bread and vegetables, something that I am looking forward to getting when I return. Thank your for writing all the notes that you are sending over the blog, it is good to hear from the people at home. It makes the hard days bearable. I am loving Africa and want to be able to soak all in so that I remember everything. Saturday we went to Cape Coast and that was a day to remember for all the team. The slave castle is something that I will not forget for some time and is overwhelming to experience. Our construction site is looking great and we are starting to lay the floor down tomorrow. It will be amazing to see once it is completed. Andrew hello to you and I wish you could be here to see all that I see. Its all in the journal and in pictures so I will tell you all when I return. I continue to see tons of children. I have fallen in love with baby Joseph, a son of one of the YFC staff members here in the compound. I want to bring him home !!!!! Customs may have an issue. Tomorrow I go to the cultural market for another experience of “fighting” to purchase things. It is actually something that I am getting the hang of and wonder if I will be able to go back to simply accepting price tags on things and not arguing for the price to drop. Fan ice (a version of ice cream) is great and even more cool when you can get it out the bus window and you drive down a completely washed out road.

Need to go. Miss you Andrew and am looking forward to seeing you soon. Diane
Steve says hello to everyone at home. ( I ironed his shirt this morning !!!)

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diane!! So great to hear from you again. I was just joking today with someone about how you might just arrive home with a Ghanaian baby or two... :)
It's hard to believe you'll be at the halfway point this week, but it will sure be good to have you back home. I saw Ruth and Rebecca at church today and told them what I could remember of your news so far. Rebecca's pretty excited about being in the wedding...
I thought you should know, in case no one has thought to tell you, but we're in a mini heat wave here the last few days. Tomorrow (Monday) it will be 36 degrees outside, and with the humidity it will feel like 45. Today it was merely around 33 or so and feeling like 39. We have heat and air quality warnings going on. I'm sure not going to want to mix concrete by hand tomorrow!!!
You remember Jason from "A Buck or Two". He was at my place last night to watch the earlier version of Superman (Christopher Reeves). Agnes and Ardy have moved out from next door and they came over to watch the movie with us. Jason prayed for us both at the end of the evening.
I miss you. It's rough some days, but I'm very proud of you. People are teasing me now saying that we'll both be missionaries. I don't think I'll argue much. love you bunches and praying for you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home