...From Penny
By Penny:
Hi everyone at home! Christopher, I hope your Birthday was terrific! I thought about you and missed you all day! I can’t wait for you to tell me all about it when I get home! Things are coming along well with Lawrence and I. We just had another visit to the cultural market today. We both found a few items to bring back home. Our bargaining skills have improved and we can now negotiate for what we want by ourselves so that’s pretty exciting! They have so many beautiful handmade items! We are enjoying our free time as we are working hard and have a pretty busy schedule most days. I have been trying to rest my body since I seem to have over worked my lower half and have not been able to work as hard as I would like. It’s difficult to stay inside resting, though when there is a big beautiful country full of wonderful people outside the door! It’s so much fun to walk down the road to see the village and meet the children. Diane and I have plans to approach a local preschool about visiting their program. Life is so different here. I can’t wait to tell you all about it. I have so much to tell you and lots of pictures, Melissa! I’m also journaling as much as possible, Donna! Lawrence, I hope you rest up before I come home because I’ll still be talking when you are falling asleep at night! Diane said that we’ll have to go with her and Andrew to Toronto to share a taste of Africa with you and the boys. Benjamin, I listened to you singing Happy Birthday with Dad on my MP3. It was so nice to hear your silly voice all the way here in Africa! I miss you soooo much! You would really like the church services we’ve been to-lots of music and dancing! Well, time to go for now. I love and miss you all!
Blessings,
Penny


3 Comments:
Penny My Love,
I am so happy to hear that things are well. Great that you can bargain now. Wheelin' and dealin' is an art. I hope that doesn't work to our disadvantage now that Lawrence has learned to haggle,LOL.
You keep yourself healthy! I Know a certain Chiropractor that wants to hear all your stories. I can't wait to see you and hear all these great adventures you've had while doing God's will! That is so awesome that you and Diane are thinking of visiting the local preschool!
Yes, penny I have been relaxing, maybe a bit too much, so you will have my undivided attention when we see each other (Remember your 4 hours ahead so bed time for me at 11 PM is 3AM for you so YOU will be konking out on me!). A Trip to T.O. sounds cool.
Ben says he's glad he could be there to cheer you up,sing Happy Birthday on your MP3 player. He says he loves and misses you! He is looking forward to seeing you and Lawrence in August.
Christopher is still partying it up! He says thanks for the watch and new ball glove. Lawrence, Christopher says thanks that you and Ben got him Pokemon Emerald (wink, wink). I guess I should go and feed him and his friend something....
I love and miss you too!
Now, Forever and Always,
Lawrence
Penny, I'll be looking forward to visiting with all of you when you come back. Heck, I'll be happy to do anything that means I can see Diane... :)
Diane, I've been scoping out marriage type books, and I've found some great stuff. It's pretty lonely reading them by myself, though! I am also getting most of my "homework" done. Need to work on my application for the pastoral job again tonight. I am cheering you on, hope you can hear me!!!! Get your gorgeous self back here as soon as you can, or I'll have to steal your Dad's boat and start out for Africa myself!!!
:)
Love you and praying for you all. andrew
Hey Steve & Dave
I like the Friday fun pictures!
I especially like the cool shirts.It looks like you are having fun with the hackey sacks too & drums & the cute frog!
Take care and your in our prayers
Time has sure gone fast!
You will be home before you know it.
see Ya!
love & blessings to you all
The Snyders
Post a Comment
<< Home