A little something from the Orchard
Well the day has finally arrived…. The last day to remember everything we have forgotten to pack and find any empty space to cram it all in. In typical fashion we are definitely over packing, but it is hard to know exactly what a family of four might need for 30days in Africa. Matt and Jaymie are more excited than they are nervous which is good news. I on the other hand, am waiting until after our 14hours of air travel to get excited! That’s not really true I am very excited to start our work in Ghana.
Jason has been getting e-mails from some of the Ghana Youth For Christ staff to let him know what they have in store for him (it sounds like they can’t wait to get their hands on a computer expert). I am hopeful that Jason will be able to relax and not worry about his job at the College, but I doubt it, he is already having crazy dreams about the school turning into an amusement park while he is away.
Anyway I should sign-off for now and consult my 37 lists (made on the backs of envelopes) to make sure we have everything that is really important (Jas says that’s money and underwear). Talk to you all soon, Kim Orchard


4 Comments:
Sheila Carter says Hi. She has trouble getting through. Blessings, Frank.
hi Kim, i read your blog and hope all continues well and that u remembered everything on the envelopes. we prayed 4 u this AM - not just your names. they r starting 2 paint the church. hi to Jaymie and Matt and Jason.
couldn't make this work b4. hope it duz this time.
love
sheila
Hi All,
Can hardly believe that your mission is nearly half over. I hope it is a joy and that you are making a lot of new friends. And that you feel you are accomplishing all you hoped for.
God Bless you and all your team.
Sheila C
Hi Everyone,
Likely my last posting with the wedding now just days away.
The church is painted and looks lovely. The pews were jammed together so we winged it for this AM's service (Art Bromley). The windows get washed this week.
We continue to hold you up in prayer.
Blessings always.
Sheila and Frank.
Post a Comment
<< Home