Multiple Entries from July 10th
These are a few entries from July 10th that we could not get posted earlier
Here goes..............
Hi Folks,
This is day 7, depending on what time zone you’re in!
Most things are going well. On Saturday we spent some time in the cultural marketplace in Accra. This is where many craftspeople from across the country bring their wares for sale. It was a good intro for many on the team to the amazing quality and diversity of things that people here make to sell and to earn a living. It can be a very exhausting experience however, and some found it pretty overwhelming – I’ll let those who wish to share their stories.
Sunday we went to church. The average church service here is about 3 hours long and usually pretty loud – this was no exception.
We sang for the congregation and I was asked to bring the sermon for the day. We were well received and found the congregation very friendly. The afternoon was spent doing laundry and then a trip to the beach! An exhilarating and refreshing time in very big waves.
Monday – it’s back at work. Many loads of stone, sand and cement were carted, heaved, shoveled and watered to make concrete which was then carried by head pan up stairs to the roof of the building we are working on. We were supposed to be laying block, and it may yet happen, but right now we are the concrete brigade.
There are some struggles we are facing right now and so we seek your prayers as well. It seems that the sickness which Mikaela experienced on the aircraft may have been a flu of some sort. It also seems to be going through the Stogryn family. Hope, Isaac, Nathan and Nadia have all had their turn so far, to varying degrees. This type of environment is not one that makes being sick an easy experience for anyone, much less someone from North America who is used to a bit more comfort and convenience. On the other hand, everyone is working through it and moving forward.
Others on the team are still waiting for their bodies to adjust to the food and climate, but it is all coming around.
Our hosts are wonderful and we have made some good new friends here. We are enjoying the work, but mostly the people.
The team is great and they work very well together – we ill post more later.
Blessings and Grace to all who read this. Keep the prayers flowing.
In His Service,
Daryl
-----------------------------------------
I haven’t had time to read what the rest of the team has written so I’ll give you little tidbits you might like to know. We have lights….most of the time. The ones in our room are a little tempermental and go out if we plug in too much stuff. We have Showers!! Just cold water,African cold not Canadian cold. We get to do our laundry in buckets and hang it on the roof, which has a fantastic view!!! We cram all 17 of us plus a few Ghanaians into a 15 passenger bus and drive around. It’s crowded, but some of the roads are so washed out from recent rains, It’s better crammed in. We discovered on our way to the beach to day that you rattle around too much if not everyone is here.
The bus rides to and from the places that we go are almost unbelievable. So many people in these vehicles all going down a dirt road with vendors on either side of the road selling you anything you want. No need to go to the store to purchase anything, simply drive your vehicle down the road.


4 Comments:
Hi everyone and thanks so much for the updates. It's been rainy and humid here for the last two days or more, so we understand sweat, too, but maybe not like you! Tyndale is quiet but we are working away in maintenance as usual, presently fixing up the vacant apartment in 331. Diane, I have also been watching the moon. I will see everyone at the bible study tonight, and I will give them your news. I will understand if you feel like you want to take some kids home with you! I know God's heart will be expressed through you and all the team. Remember we love you all and miss you!
Hi Team,
It's so awesome what your doing in His name. I just want to say WOW at the work you've done. Blessings to you all!
Penny And Lawrence,
We are so incredably proud of the work in Christ's name you are doing. We are doing good. Don't get too angry but we did go to the drive-in to see Pirates and Cars. Most likely will be playing when you return ( it blew away weekend box office records for all time). Christopher want to have a sleepover for his birthday....and I agreed (say a prayer for me!). We have planned to go back to the drive-in to see Haunted House (not a horror movie, it's a animated movie with kids that become heroes). Christopher has hit a growth spirt, so he will see more eye to eye with you Penny!
Benjamin has bought Morrowind for the xbox. haven't seen him for days.... He shows up for a kibble now and then.
Just kidding...mostly!
Benjamin and I are getting a visit by the Northumberland service that want to talk to us about getting him some occupational therapy on this coming Friday. She is giving him homework! He said, "homework in the summer! that's not right!"
Anyway,
I love you Penny. I love you Lawrence.
You are in my thoughts and Prayers,
Lawrence
Hi Mom! Hi Lawerence! Miss ya!
Don't go listening to dad, He's the one up until 3:00 A.M. playing Morrowind. I hope that the concrete isn't too heavy -lol-
Lawerence, Pongo has been well taken care of, and his teeth are doing fine. His cage is being cleaned as I type. I hope your doing O.K. man. It's getting lonly...
MOM!!!! I love you, and my room is clean! Dad's doing great on his own. Oh, I can't type my smile but I can type this. :)
God's blessings to you and your team. May the lord be always with you!
Hello every one !sorry
to here that you guys got sick we hope that nobody elts gets sick from what every it was that whent threw the Stogryn's.you guys are doing great we watched that Video on the link. we are in to what you guys are doing, praying is beeing done soon for you guys so we must leave, lots of luv L.W&A.H
Post a Comment
<< Home