NYFC Ghana 2006 Mission

17 people from Northumberland YFC, aged 8 to 40-something, ready to serve the people of Ghana, alongside YFC/West Africa! The in country portion of the mission will take place from July 3rd, 2006 through August 7th, 2006

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Soccer Jesus

Hey      
How are you all doing?
I am doing very well over here in Ghana, the food is pretty good and the people are awesome! Yesterday we went to a drumming school for an hour lesson, it was the fastest hour I have ever had, it was GREAT. As well when we where walking home from the lesson we where invited to play some soccer with some of the kids. Playing soccer with the kids was one of the things that I was most looking forward to. It was a lot of fun and kids where a lot better then we where. As some of us were play soccer, David was playing with some of the little kid, probably 5 years old and younger. There was about 10 -15 kids around him. For me watching him talking and playing with them, I was thinking that is what Jesus would have looked like when the kids where around him. It was awesome thing to see!

The work is hard but fun. I think I might want to stay here and work. It will teach me to work hard. As well you can live off  $4 U.S. a day, it’s not so bad.  But I might miss my mom’s apple pies!
Just before I go, I have prayer request. It is for our Ghanaian friend Paul, his mom is sick and he has not seen her is 3 years so he worried. Please keep him is your prayers, thanks.
God Bless
Love You
Steven

2 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steven,
It sounds so exciting the work you are doing there and we have prayed for you each day.As we will for your friends mom.We miss you and it is neat how we can keep track of your adventure. It makes us feel a part of it somehow.
Does your mom make apple pie?
Take care and keep up the great work
Love Jim Aud & crew.

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stevie!
I've been keeping up on what you guys are up to everyday. It's made work much more exciting!!! :) Sounds like you're all having a pretty amazing time! Myself and my bible study group have been keeping all of you in our prayers. I'm looking forward to reading another blog written by you and if you wanna bring me a jambe back I wouldn't mind ;)
Love you!!!
Laura
ps I hope you'll still read this even though you wrote your blog a while ago!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home